Start a new topic

Protocol X8 keyboard repeating keys

This morning I purchasrd a new Hyundai Protocol X8 preloaded with Windows 10. The tablet came with a soft portfolio/case and small Bluetooth keyboard. I'm having a problem with the wireless keyboard that came with the tablet. While typing, the tablet will repeat keys for several seconds. It's not specific to any key - it could be the second character or 15th character in a sentence. I made sure they keyboard is charged and I paired using the instructions on this site. Also, I went to the settings and "removed device" then reinstalled but the issue persists. In the settings I also changed the repeat delay as well as repeat rate but that barely made a difference. The only scenario where the keyboard works normally is when I turn off the table's wifi receiver - but I can't use this tablet without wifi. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't survive using any tablet without wifi and an external keyboard :)

1 person has this problem

I have seen this on several windows 10 computers.

What numbers are reported from running winver?

you should get a 4 digit number, and then a build number.. please post both.

Greg

Hello Abe,

Thank you for your patience. The keyboard issue may be caused by a incorrect Driver or the Wi-Fi signal. 

Please see the link below to download the drivers for the Protocol X8. 

https://support.hyundaitechnology.com/support/solutions/articles/6000167987-drivers-and-downloads-for-protocol-x8

Please let me know if you need help installing the drivers.

If that doesn't work you can try to disable the Wi-Fi while using the keyboard or your can use your 1 year warranty to request for a replacement keyboard. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions of concerns. 

Best Regards,

Matthew

Hello I Don't know what happened withe my latop The keyboard not some key and some keys not.
Login or Signup to post a comment