Start a new topic

New thin note ultra book won’t start up

I just purchased a thinnote 14 ultrabook and I have had it charging for 2 hours now and the screen won’t pop up. There is a blue light that turns on but nothing else is happening. Is it defected or is there something I am not doing? Thank you

5 people have this problem

I am having the exact same problem! I purchased mine yesterday, I took it out of the box and plugged it in and the only thing that I got was a blinking “Hyundai” screen. The store I purchased it from won’t take it back, they said I have to contact Hyundai and I’ve put in a service request so waiting to hear back from that.

1 person likes this

Same issue here. I think it might have been a Windows update that caused it. When it restarted to install one of the updates that's when the problem started. Have either of you found a solution? I already started a support ticket today. Thanks

Same problem. Technical support walked me through a factory reset. Now it opens to a banner that says Hyundai and stays there. I've let it sit 24 hours. Technical support no longer responds. Sales support seems to only have one guy answering the phone. He knows the support guy and says "he's on it.". Two weeks now and my gift idea sits in a box, waiting to be returned to "Haider" or whomever in hopes if a refund. So this is Hyundai laptops, eh?

1 person likes this
Can anyone tell me how to perform the factory reset?

Probably one of the most unsatisfactory experiences, from purchase to technical support.   I'm just glad I passed on the car!

Same thing with one of mine and I haven’t had it very long. Turn it on, Hyundai flashes on the screen then nothing else /:(
Hope you have better luck than me. I even opened a support ticket and never got a response. Feels like a class action lawsuit should be filed here.

1 person likes this

I bought a laptop hyundai onnyx II plus, its life only for 2 months, and I don't where to get help. The worst mark in the world, without website of technique support, what I found is here, it makes me feel stupid.

My wife bought this as a gift. Right out of the box it wouldn't start up. Played with it turning on and off (one blue light) and finally came on. Set up and updates. Turned off and won't come back on. Played with the switch and finally came on again, but shut it down and the same problems begin. I told my wife next time buy a Hyundai car, not this crap! She bought it from HSN and it's too late to return. Waiting for tech support to help? Should I hold my breath? From what I've read, no...
I purchased a Hyundai tablet 7WCI as a gift for my grandson. Right out of the box it did not work. The Hyundai symbol came on for a few seconds, then everything went blank. I can't get it to power up at all. I tried to charge it, but the charge cord will not even plug in to the tablet. From what I have read on this site Hyundai Technology must not be much of a company.

I have the same problem. The laptop worked for some time at first but one day it stopped working. When I press the power button the blue power LED comes on but no other light and nothing on screen. Since the HD light does not come on I believe the issue is with the BIOS. Anyway to get BIOS on a USB so I can reinstall or update the BIOS ? I dont want to lose my data.

Login or Signup to post a comment