Start a new topic

Thin note Upgrade

Trying to find out if the Thin Note models are upgrade-able. I noticed that they have a available m.2 slot is a hard drive upgrade possible? 

1 person likes this idea

Hello Roger,

Thank you for your patience. If you can please remove the back plate and see if the up-gradable  hard drive is a standard 2.5" or if it's a M.2 Hard drive. From there you should be able to upgrade to at least 1 TB of hard drive space. 

Please see let me know if this worked for you. 

Best Regards,

Matthew

Thank You  Matthew

I was under the impression that most of this models had eemc storgae drives installed on board.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for your patience. Yes. This should be correct. The Hard Drive that comes with the device is soldered on the mother board and it should be a eemc storage device. 

Best Regards,

Matthew

Where can I buy 1 TB C drive for my new Thinnote ultrabook which has only 32 GB? Can i buy at Amazon?

The back has a access panel for a Hard Drive upgrade you would need a M2 2242  SSD  drive. I do not know if there is a hard drive upgrade path inside the Thinote . I installed a 256 GB M2 drive in my thinote and I love. It . It can be a little difficult finding M2 drives with the smaller 2242 size. After installing you would have clone your hard drive or do a clean install.. Amazon has M.2( 2242) drives in stock but I think the largest available is 512 GB.

Login or Signup to post a comment