Start a new topic

Linux on a protocol x8

I am wondering if this is possible

Hello John,

Thank you for your patience. Please see the following information below about installing other Operating Systems on a Windows Tablet. Please note that all the tablets features might not work if you install an OS other than the one that your tablet came with because we don't have drivers for Linux.  

How to install Ubuntu onto a Windows tablet

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/computing/how-to-install-ubuntu-onto-a-windows-tablet-1319489

In my opinion you should leave Windows installed on your tablet because we don't have drivers that are supported on Linux OS. 

PLEASE ALSO SEE OUR DISCOUNT CODES BELOW. YOU CAN REDEEM THEM ON OUR WEBSITE BELOW. 

Support10

10% off entire order

DISCOUNT10

10% off entire order

https://www.hyundaitechnology.com/collections

Best Regards,

Matthew

I have managed to put Ubuntu 18.04 on my Protocol X8.  The touch screen does not respond, though.  Other than than I find it works better than Windows 10. The trick is to put the 64bit OS on 32bit UEFI installation USB drive.  (I don't remember how I did that, though.)

I have been searching on how to get the touch screen working.  So far I have found just allusion to the possibilities.  One such guru claims it is he/she has done it, but the paucity in the description of the technique leaves the less-than-anointed (me) incapable of the task.

Also note, that if you wish to return to Windows 10, on this site is a description and image of how to do it.  There is one mistake, though,   When it says, "extract the contents of the zip file to the USB drive." it should say, "Extract the contents of the root folder inside the zip file to the USB drive"

I had Ubuntu mate 18.04 installed and everything was working... but the touch screen. I uses the isorespin.sh website and it seemed to work.. I know that the display is Goodix... I just have not found any one who has a Linux driver for it....
Login or Signup to post a comment